Monday, January 2, 2017

Waiting on the Lord


The alarm goes off and the sun comes up and we rush into a new day.  Our minds are racing with thoughts before our feet even hit the ground.  The coffee maker is turned on and we quickly rush around getting ready for the job or the work that we must do today. Wait, stop, take a breath and sit down!

“Did you forget me says the Lord?  I have so much for you in this day, but I need you to come and sit at my feet and learn of me.  I am humble and meek.  I want you to experience my goodness and my rest, even in your “busy” day.  I am calling to you; will you hear my call and spend some time with me?  When you take the time to listen to my voice, you will experience my peace deep within.  I will give you the strength and the wisdom that you need today.  Don’t waste your time on the treadmill of life; instead take a walk with me through this day and you will find yourself more satisfied and fulfilled in all that you have accomplished along the way.”


Ok Lord, I get the message. You know how hard it is for me sometimes, to sit and wait.  I want action and I want it now!   But Lord, I trust you see the big picture and a have a better plan for my day. Here I go; breath in 1,2,3 and exhale.  Here I am Lord, what do you want me to hear today?

Matthew 11:29
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS."

No comments:

Post a Comment