Thursday, December 29, 2016

Trusting God


It seems like I read somewhere that if we can trust God with our spiritual lives, why can’t we trust him with our physical lives?  As I was reading in Romans today, I was struck by the faith of Abraham.  God had given him many promises and yet it was several years later before Abraham started to see the beginning of the fulfillment of God’s promises, through the birth of his son Isaac.

“Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”   Abraham did not work to make the promise of God come true, instead it was a gift from God.  God promised to make Abraham a father of many nations, even though Sarah, Abraham’s wife was barren.  Sarah was elderly and beyond childbearing age before she became pregnant.  This was a gift and a work of God, Sarah had no ability to conceive by her own power.

God took two senior citizens and began a fulfillment of his promises not only to them, but to generations of believers that would come after Abraham and Sarah.

As I think about the challenges I face in this season of life; my spirit hears, “Trust me, as I was faithful to Abraham and Sarah, I will faithfully see you through this life.”

As a believer I have put my trust in God’s saving grace through Christ Jesus my Lord. The question to myself is; If I can trust God, to save me and bring me safely to His heavenly home, as He promised; can’t I trust him to walk with me through my everyday struggles?

Nothing is too hard for God.  He knows our financial, spiritual, physical, mental and emotional struggles.  He is able to help us overcome any obstacle that we face.  We only need to trust and rely on Him and take a step of faith to receive more of His grace every day.

Lord, help us to not only trust you for our eternal life, but to also take care of us and help us through the challenges we face each day.  Amen

Encouragement in God’s word:
“And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  To our God and Father be glory forever and ever.  Amen.” Phil. 4:19-20

  “For by grace you have been saved through faith.  And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”  Ephesians 2:8-10




No comments:

Post a Comment