Saturday, December 3, 2016

Hope ( A Son is given and the government shall be upon his shoulder)

As I listened to the news and see so many things that break my heart, I felt that I needed to focus on hope.  Christmas time is a time that I grew up feeling was a joyous time full of anticipation and hope.

Those lingering feelings are still with me and when I look at the problems in the world, I start to feel them fade because I forget that my hope is not based on the government that I see here on earth, but instead it is based on a heavenly government that is on the shoulders of the Son of God, Jesus.

Today I want to remind myself and you that we have a hope in a Wonderful Counselor that can give us wisdom during trying times.  He is also a mighty God that is able to do much more than we could ever ask or imagine.  He is a Father to the fatherless and we can sit in his lap and receive love and comfort.  Finally He is the Prince of Peace.  During these tumultuous times, we have Jesus our Lord to run to so we may experience a peace that is beyond understanding.

Dear friends, whatever you are facing, remember that our time here is a momentary light affliction and that we have a just and righteous God, who is on the throne and He will faithfully bring us through this time into His kingdom that never ends.

May the Lord so fill us with hope in our spirit's  through His Spirit that others may receive the gift of  Jesus this Christmas.  Amen

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6


“There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.” Isaiah 9:7

No comments:

Post a Comment