Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Joy List


We all experience discouragement in our lives, whether it is in our work environment, home, or even friendships.  Recently a friend and I were discussing how one day I felt discouraged and she was fine, and then the next day she felt discouraged and I was fine.  We brainstormed and talked about what we could do in the classroom to make it more successful, and as I was leaving I turned around and said, “Take joy in the little things”

She said that was a good idea, and she suggested finding 5 positive things, for every one negative.  As I started to name off the positives, more came to mind and by the end of the time we were focused on everything positive that had happened in the classroom and not the events that we felt were negative.

That got me to thinking about writing my “joy list” not only for my job, but for everything in life.  We experience many trials, but God also gives us wonderful things that we can be thankful for, and rejoice in. When we focus on God’s big or little blessings; we will find that we are experiencing a more joyful life and discouragement will lose its hold on our lives.

So dear friends, I encourage you to write your “Joy list” and remember all the blessings that you have received from God.  Maybe you will find that you have so  much more to be thankful for than you realized!

Philippians 4:4 “rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice!”
 James 1: 2-4 “Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.  And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” 

Lord Jesus, Help us to find joy in You, and in the little things, when we feel overwhelmed in the hard places in our life.  Help us to fix our eyes on You, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before You, endure the cross, despising the shame.   Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment