Tuesday, September 11, 2012

11 scriptures and words of encouragement and exhortation


Recently a friend sent me a letter, asking me to be involved in a chain-letter asking people to send scriptures to one person and then to have ten other friends send scriptures to someone else.  Instead of putting the "pressure" on ten other people to choose a scripture to send to someone they don't know plus figure out ten other people who want to be involved, I decided to send 11 scriptures to 2 people who are involved in the chain letter.  Then I decided maybe more people would like to be encouraged by scriptures that encouraged me. 
The Word of God, promises us that His word will accomplish all He desires it to.  I pray that the Word of God will speak to your hearts and may the comments encourage and challenge you also.
love,
triss

1.       Hebrews 13:8

 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.”

The character of God never changes and His power to change lives is the same today as it has always been.

2.       John 6:68

“Simon Peter answered Him, ‘Lord to whom shall we go?  You have the words of eternal life.’”

There is no other place to go for life than to Jesus.

3.       No man comes to the Father except through me.

 Salvation is through One man, the God man; Son of God and Son of man, our Lord Jesus Christ.

4.       Psalm 107:8-9

“Out of the depths of my heart I cry to you.  I desire to see the living God.”

Are our hearts crying out in desperation for the presence of the living God?  He desires to answer that prayer.

5.       Isaiah 42:9-10

“Behold, the former things have come to pass, now I declare new things; Before they spring forth I proclaim them to you.  Sing to the Lord a new song; Sing His praise from the end of the earth!  You who go down to the sea, and all that is in it.  You island and those who dwell on them.

God desires to continually do a new work in our hearts and lives.  Let us praise Him for all He has done and all He will do!

6.       Isaiah 41:10

“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Remember when life’s struggles start to overwhelm us, we have a God that can and will deliver us from all anxiety; just look to Him to be your strength.

7.       Romans 14:8-9

“for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.  For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.”

Are we allowing Christ to be Lord of all the areas of our live or only part of it?  Let us surrender all we are to Jesus, so He will truly be Lord of everything in our lives.

8.       Galatians 5:1

“It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.”

Who or what is controlling your life?  If it is not Christ, then you are not experiencing the freedom that God desires for your life.

9.       Isaiah 12:2

“Behold God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and song and He has become my salvation.”
Lord, may we realize how strong you are to save and may our hearts and all that we are, burst forth in praise to you.  Amen

10.    James 4:7

“Submit therefore to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you.”

To resist the devil effectively, we must first submit to God.

Colossians 2:6-10

“As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed and overflowing with gratitude.  See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the traditions of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.  For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority.”

Remember where you have come from and who you believe in, don’t allow man’s vain thoughts sway you from following Christ and His direction for your life.  He is the one who completes you and He is Ruler over all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment