Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sweet!


Sweet! (Aug 29, 2012)

Today I was crying out to the Lord about how I feel so unsatisfied and hurried.  I want to slow down, but I feel like I can’t.  As I confessed my wrong heart attitude to the Lord; I realized part of the problem was not sitting in His presence enough to soak in the sweetness of His word.

 Psalm 119:103-104 “How sweet are Thy words to my taste!  Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!  From thy precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way.”

Yes I had been having my quiet time reading my devotional and praying, but I had not taken enough time in my busy schedule to truly mull over the sweet words of the Lord, that give me new energy in my soul.  The everyday situations that I face take a lot of energy, and at the end of the day, I was feeling worn out and cranky, which left me also feeling sorry for myself and dissatisfied!

Just like we need more than one meal a day to nourish and strengthen our bodies, so do we need more than one bite or meal of God’s word every day.  We all interact with people and are placed in situations which call for God’s wisdom, discernment, and patience.  As we meditate on His word throughout the day, He gives us understanding and the ability to apply it to our lives and our situations; so we can truly be satisfied deep in our souls.

Psalm 119:97-100

“O how I love Thy law!  It is my meditation all the day, Thy commandments make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever mine.  I have more insight than all my teachers, for Thy testimonies are my meditation.  I understand more than the aged, because I have observed Thy precepts.”

Lord, may we “taste and see” that you are good.  Lord Jesus, re-energize us with the sweetness of Your word. Satisfy us with your goodness, and may your truths give us wisdom and understanding, so we will live productively and joyfully in You today.   Amen!
by Triss Curtis

 

 

1 comment: