Saturday, August 18, 2012

In Christ Alone

In Christ Alone

At the end of the day Yesterday, I felt down and depressed. I knew that things people said, or didn’t say, and even their facial expressions, had influenced my thoughts and feelings. I really had many things to be thankful for, but something had happened deep inside me that stole my joy away.

As I was riding home, I started to pray and ask the Lord, “What lie have I believed?” While I poured out my heart before the Lord, hidden fears, concerns and insecurities bubbled to the surface. They all connected with my fear of rejection and the feeling of worthlessness, which have left deep scars on my heart. Something was clawing at those weak areas of my heart and opening up the wounds again.

I started to pray against the lies and declare truth. I knew that if I could change my thoughts, my feelings would follow. I declared that God’s plans for me and my family were good and that I was His child and of great value. I prayed for God’s best for my son and for me, and as I prayed, the peace and confidence of who I am in Christ lifted me above all my fears and insecurities. I was in the right place again!

Jesus said, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10) Satan a thief and the enemy of our soul, knows the weak areas of our hearts and where we have been wounded. He is sly and conniving and he will use any tactic he can to get our eyes off of Jesus and on to ourselves, so that we will walk around feeling defeated. But, remember we are new creations, God makes everything new and we are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus our Lord.
 
We must not allow our minds to slip down the slope of lies that are fed to us. Our past, our jobs, and others do not define us; we must find our value and worth in Christ alone! He is the righteous Son of God, who has clothed us with immortality and light! We are being changed from glory to glory.

written by triss curtis

2 comments:

  1. So true... "if I could change my thoughts, my feelings would follow." Too often I allow my emotions to run wild, controlling me. But when I focus on Truth, God's word, His promises, I regain perspective and am infused with hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ari, and it is an everyday battle. Yesterday was a hard day for me too, but the Lord gave me fresh perspective this morning. It is important to renew our mind with the Word of God, for His thoughts are higher than ours and His truth sets us free! love ya, triss

      Delete