Saturday, October 6, 2012

Holding Daddy's Hand



As I was praying today, an image of a little girl walking down the street, holding her Daddy’s hand, popped into my mind, and it brought me such comfort,as well as reminded me that the Lord is with me, wherever I go. 
 Dear friends,  I don’t know all the trials you are experiencing, but I do know that your Heavenly Father wants to walk  you through each one, with your hand wrapped in His.  He wants you to know that He is by your side, taking care of you, as you walk down the path with Him.
 We have a tendency to let go of our Heavenly Daddy’s hand and try and rush ahead of Him down the path .  Sometimes it is because we are excited at what we see ahead; then when we get closer to what seemed  exciting, the magnitude of the challenge before us, becomes overwhelming and we are not sure what to do. Then, there are other times, when what we are walking towards, seems to loom ominously in front of us, and we are frightened and can become frozen in our tracks, or run off the path.
.
In either case, all we need to do is to turn around, run back to our Daddy and grab ahold of His hand.  He is bigger than anything we may face; “in His presence is fullness of joy.”  When we walk hand in hand with the Lord, everything shrinks in comparison to His strength and grace.
 
My children you have enough to do today, don't worry about tomorrow;  Let me walk you through each trial along the way. Don’t jump ahead of me, but hold my hand and stay by my side. In the comfort of my wings you may hide and find solace and strength every day.
Walking hand in hand with Jesus, allowing Him to lead the way; knowing that whatever obstacles we must face; He is there and able to help us through the trial, each and every day.
I pray that we walk through this day, holding on to Jesus; not worrying about what may happen tomorrow, but  remembering that nothing is impossible for God and He is bigger than whatever will come our way.

 
 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Very encouraging Triss :). I find myself asking and instead of enjoying His presence in the moment I am in with Him, I am eagely wanting the next step ahead. Looking back, I realize that those waiting moments were even more precious than the tangible blessings I was waiting for. In reality, He is the blessing, the tangible blessing is only a mark of His love. God is our exceeding and great reward as the Lord told Abraham.

    Thanks Triss!

    ReplyDelete