Saturday, December 15, 2018

Streams in the Desert of Weariness

Streams in the Desert of Weariness
Weary, that is the word that comes to mind in this season of my life.  I feel like a weary worn solider dragging her sword through the desert.  My lips are parched and I feel faint.  It seems like I am going to drop at any moment and not rise up again.

 And then I look in the distance and I see an oasis, rising out from the sand.  Is this a mirage or is it real?   I continue slowly moving forward, willing myself to reach it, for there is hope that the oasis is truly just ahead of me.

 Finally I reach my destination and fall down on the ground, worn out.  I precariously stretch out my arms towards the stream that lies before me and as I dip my hand into the water, I feel the cool wetness run across the palm of my hands.

Slowly I bring the water up to my lips in amazement, its true!  I don’t want to lose one drop of this precious commodity in this desert place.  As my chapped and parch lips separate, I taste the sweetness of the water as it falls on my tongue and rolls down my throat.

Suddenly I release a huge sigh and I feel my bone weary body start to relax.  My senses have become alert and now I  feel the shade of the tree above me and the cool breeze flowing over my weary body in this quiet and refreshing place.

Finally, I have found a stream in the desert and I have permission to stay here and rest for a while!

We all need oases in our lives.  The world around us promises to give us what we need, but it only wears us out and leaves us thirsty.  Our everyday struggles, as well as unexpected events that pop up demand our attention and suck a little bit more of life out of us.  If we don’t find a place of rest in this midst of this world, we will dry up and collapse. 

The Only place that I truly find hope and refreshment is through my time with Jesus.  As I drink from His word, cry out to the Lord and listen for His voice, I am brought to a place of peace and rest. 

In this season of life I  feel the need to seek the Lord more often, for the desert seems wide, but God is good and provides many oasis's on my journey.  I find this is also a growing time for me, where I learn to lean more into Jesus as my provider.  I  remind myself of his promises to quench my thirst and give me rest.

So here I am again looking for a drink from the Well of Living Waters and remembering that He is with me in the desert places, and as I fill myself up with Him, I will be able to go forward on the journey that God has for me today. He is the source of Living Waters that never runs dry! 

Weary warriors, may you find rest and refreshment from the Living Waters today.
Love, Triss
(Lord, I see many who are weary and worn out from the battle.  Please bring us to a place where we can deeply drink of your water.  Even in the desert places, Lord, You have oasis for us, where we can find rest and receive your living waters.  Jesus, we want to be wells that your living waters spring up from within us.  Fill us O Lord, we pray.  Give us rest in You today.  Amen)

Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

Isaiah 58:11
The LORD will always guide you; He will satisfy you in a sun-scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

Jeremiah 31:25
for I will refresh the weary soul and replenish all who are weak."

John 4:14
But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life."


No comments:

Post a Comment