Thursday, November 24, 2016

Portraits of Peru-Seeing Jesus


Lord, where did I see you?  I saw you in a child’s smiling face.  I heard you in the strum of a ukulele and the worship of a team mate.  I saw you in the hands of a friend helping a young child tie knots in a pillow.  I saw you in the laughter of two young girls making friends with children in Peru. 

One place that I saw you Lord that humbles my heart was in the quiet lady, who served at the restrooms all day long.  Children and adults would go in and out of the bathroom stalls and she came behind them all with her bucket of water to flush the toilet.  Not a complaint or bad attitude did I see or hear; I just saw a humble servant, doing what needed to be done.

The Ladies in kitchen Lord, cooking, serving and cleaning up the dishes of over 100 children, twice a day;
I saw you there too.

Where else did I see you Lord?  I know that you were working everywhere.  I caught glimpses of you throughout the days and still Lord I am sure that there were times that I was distracted and I did not see you pass by.   

A gentle touch, a kind response, a listening ear, a silent tear and a joyous praise, those are places that I am in each day.  I am not only in Peru; I am where ever you go.  I have promised to be with you always.  You only need to have your spirit in tune with mine.  I will show you where I am working and will invite you to join in.  Be careful of allowing the world to distract you from the purpose I have called you to.  When you start to drift away, call out my name and I will pull you back to me, the anchor of your soul.

Lord, my prayer is that you truly change me, don’t let me remain the same.  Keep reminding me of the people and the work that you are doing in Peru and the work that you want to do in and through me here.  

Don’t fear my little one; you are a work in progress.  I pour out my grace upon you every day and the good work that I started in you; I will be faithful to complete it. Keep following me step by step.  When you fall and scrape your knees, I will be the One that picks you up and helps you continue on my path. I love you and you are mine and I am yours.


[My hope is that you my dear friends will see Jesus in your everyday and that you will know where he has invited you to join in with his work.  May he remind you that he is with you and he will guide you along the way. Love, Triss]

1 comment:

  1. Triss, Thanks for sharing these thoughts. Joy and peace seem to flood my spirit when reminded that the Lord is always here for me, He has a plan for me, even if I stumble now and then when my focus drifts from relying on Him, remembering His promises to me and His ever-presence with me. Love, Nita Jan

    ReplyDelete